Saturday, March 24, 2012

We're parents!

We've been talking for a couple weeks now about getting a dog. (I've done most of the talking!) Today I decided to go to the animal shelter because I've tried emailing them & that just hasn't gone so well. I left Nathan at home working on a paper & told him I wouldn't bring anyone home unless I cleared it with him first. However, I wasn't expecting to bring anyone home because I've been told multiple times, "if you want a small dog the likelihood of one being there that you like & wanted to take home was slim... they're usually the first to go!". 

When I got in the car to head to the shelter I decided to just go ahead & call to make sure they were still open like their website said it would be. The woman on the phone answered my questions & then asked me one. "What exactly are you looking for?" I proceeded to tell her that we live in a small apartment & wanted a small dog... preferably one that doesn't shed. She answered, "In all seriousness... a family just walked in with a schnauzer mix & they're about to release him to us!" I told her to please wait I was on my way!!! I rushed there & ran inside (no, literally ran inside) to quickly get to our dog! I made it but just barely. As soon as I told them who I was they told me to hurry & go as fast as I could to 'Kennel E'. There he was. Sweet little Scooter! He is a 2 year old male Schnauzer/Yorkie mix. He is sweet & friendly & we couldn't be happier with him. 
Meet Scooter!

He is just the cutest!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I love him!!! What a lucky puppy to be adopted by you guys! You'll never regret getting a dog---he'll be your best friend for life!!

    ReplyDelete