Friday, March 9, 2012

Show & Tell Friday

I love Fridays! Today's Show & Tell item was found on Craigslist. The week of my wedding! Nathan got to move in first because his rent was higher at his old apartment... so that just made the most logical sense. I wanted to nest. BADLY. But 1.) I didn't even live here & 2.) I still needed to finish a few last minute details of our wedding! So Nathan & my bestie, Whitney, only agreed to help me get this piece (they could see it in my eyes that I wasn't letting this one go) under one condition.... No more Craigslisting before the wedding. I agreed.

Somehow Whitney & I managed to get it in a Jeep Cherokee. (I'm still impressed with Whitney's mad tetris skills!)

You see, our apartment doesn't have a pantry... which is probably the worst design flaw ever. But thanks to this little gem we have a place to store our plates, platters, coffee cups, bowls, cake plate, ramekins, bread maker, napkins, grocery bags, pyrex dishes, party drink dispenser & a hodgepodge of things in the drawers! One day I'll probably paint it a fun color but for now it will stay like that because it perfectly matches the cabinets in our kitchen.

How much did I pay for this gem? Ohhhh a mere $15! It is perfect for our needs right now & it's real wood... not particle board. I had been looking for a hutch for multiple weeks in my spare time & it paid off. Don't just run out & buy what you need  if you can hold off & shop around do. Don't forget to check thrift stores, Goodwill, Craigslist & garage sales!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome find! My apt doesn't have a pantry either, so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, my house.. that we own doesn't have a pantry! How I missed then before buying... I'm not sure! Love your find though! Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! What's up with these floor plans? I think I may become an architect... so no women has to go without a pantry. ;)

    ReplyDelete