Friday, March 30, 2012

Show & Tell Friday

I have been wanting to hang my thrift store find for weeks and finally I did today! 

So I decided I wanted a needlepoint of North Carolina. I had seen these awesome pillows with needlepoint of different states and they were awesome! However they were well over $100. Clearly not in my budget... but they were so cool. I really wanted one of North Carolina because that is where Nathan & I met, fell in love, got married, & have begun our life together as husband and wife! It will always be a special place to us. 

You all know I love thrifting & today's blog is about sharing my thrift store finds. The same day I was researching the needlepoint pillows online I decided to visit one of my favorite thrift stores here in Raleigh & found a needlepoint of NC for $5. It was in a hideous frame. (An easy change... or so I thought!)

It's an odd size but I was able to find one today at Michael's and it was 1/2 off so I only paid $4.99. It was not the color I wanted but that was definitely an easy fix.
Here is the final product! I love it and it's special. (and it only cost me $9.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment