Thursday, March 22, 2012

Meat Loaf Misconception

I've never been a fan of meat loaf... mainly because it looks gross & I never really knew what was in it! Now, it's all different. For the first time in my life I made meat loaf. My husband loves it, I found a recipe, & I had ground venison that needed to be used!

This recipe comes from 'Recipes from Miss Daisy' a book given to me by my sweet friend Chelsea passed down from her Granna.

Buffet Meat Loaf
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef/venison
1 cup herb stuffing mix
1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
1 egg, beaten 
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
Ketchup & parsley flakes
(I added about a table spoon of garlic)

Mix all the ingredients & place in a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour in an oven at 350 degrees. Slice then put ketchup mixed with a little worcestershire sauce. 


Meat Loaf is still not pretty but now that I know what is in it, it is far more delicious & it's very easy to prepare too! I made this the night before & came home after work today & just stuck it in the oven. Bon appetit!

4 comments:

  1. I made meatloaf for the first time tonight too! I've never liked it, but it's the hubs favorite meal! -Chelsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes my heart happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also divide the mixture and put in a muffin pan! Bakes WAY faster! :) Still just as tasty!

    ReplyDelete