Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tonight's {super easy} Dinner

Today I ran home between my two jobs & threw together dinner. It was super easy & very tasty! Here is what I did...

-Dump a 24 oz jar of salsa in a crockpot
- Dump 1 pack of taco seasoning in the salsa
-Squeeze in 1 lime
-Add about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
-(optional) Add 2 jalapeno peppers finely chopped
STIR
- Now add your thawed 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Cover the chicken with the salsa mixture... turn your crockpot on low & walk away for roughly 4-6 hours. (depending on the size of your chicken)

I served our chicken over mashed potatoes (I cheated & went with instant). Weird? Maybe. However, last night we had nachos & the night before that we had tacos & while my husband could eat Tex-mex everyday of the week I needed a little change up. It was delicious! I put the mashed potatoes in a bowl, poured the chicken & salsa mixture over that & then topped it off with some Mexican cheese mix & a dollop of sour cream! Mmmmm. It was filling & cheap! Best of all... 5 minutes after I walked in the door, dinner was served. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment