Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lesson Learned- Again

After my husband, Nathan, has constantly told me I need to be singing... after Steve Wright's continuous tries to get me to sing for strangers... and after random other people who don't even go to church have asked me if I sing at mine... I decided to join the choir. Not only did I join the choir two weeks ago, I also set up an audition for solos/praise team! (kind of a huge leap for me).

So the audition was Monday. I nearly canceled it mainly because I'm a pansy but I knew Nathan & everyone else would still be asking why I didn't follow through. I went & I had fun. I enjoyed getting the opportunity to sing. In fact, I loved it. Shockingly Josh & Daniel (the guys in charge of music at Providence) were impressed & excited. Daniel asked me, "Elizabeth, how long have you been coming here & not singing?" "ehhhh... since August" I had to reply.

Lesson learned (again): DON'T be afraid of failure. DON'T hide your talents on account of your fear of failure. That is sin. Whom have I to fear?

Like I said the audition went well on Monday. On Tuesday I received an email asking if I was available to sing this Sunday! Whoa. I'll admit... I'm nervous (especially because we attend a huge church) but more than that I'm excited! I'm thankful for an encouraging husband & friends.

I'm thankful for the Lord allowing us to approach His throne everyday & that He has given me the opportunity to make a joyful noise to Him.

1 comment:

  1. great job! glad you didn't wuss out! enjoy the gifts God has given you!

    ReplyDelete