Friday, February 17, 2012

Tomato Almond Spread

Today I found a intriguing & delicious sounding spread. It's super easy & I always love an excuse to use my food processor.  After finding this recipe my husband & I were invited to an impromptu dinner at some dear friends house! Clearly now I had the perfect reason to try out this new recipe. I quickly replied, "I'll bring an appetizer!". This took me about 10 minutes to make & I think it taste quite yummy. We'll see tonight what everyone else thinks!

Here it is from A Couple Cooks - Quick Tomato Almond Spread Inspired by Katy She Cooks
What You Need 3/4 cup almonds
~14 ounces crushed tomatoes (San Marzano preferable, if you can find them!)
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
What To Do
1  In a skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds until they are slightly browned and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently, and watch them so they don’t burn. Let the almonds cool slightly. (You can skip this step in a pinch, but toasting the almonds helps to enhance their flavor.)
2  In the bowl of a good processor, combine the almonds with the tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Process until the nuts are finely ground.
Scrape down the bowl. Then with the processor running, add the 1/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream until a paste forms.
Serve with crackers or bread.

A Couple Cooks
I can't wait to see what everyone thinks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment