Wednesday, February 15, 2012

EASY Dinner- Italian Chicken & Veggies

It's difficult to get home & prepare a meal when it's already 7pm & both of us are starving! (Lets be honest, we don't even know what starving actually feels like- but you know what I mean!) That's why crock pots are THE best things ever.

Here is the recipe which I found on Pinterest & then tweaked:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (thawed)
  • 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 
  • 1 can of chicken broth 
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
  • 4 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges or thick slices
  • A hand full or so of baby carrots
  • 1/2 an yellow onion

Start with the chicken on the bottom of your crock pot (I added salt & pepper) then place half of the potatoes on top. Add half of the Italian dressing, half of the Italian seasonings, and half of the cheese. Then add the rest of the potatoes, the hand full of carrots, the rest of the dressing & the seasonings. I then sliced some onion for the top & topped that with the rest of the cheese! It's easy... really you can add in the veggies as you like, this is just what I did.

Set it on high... & walk away for about 4-5 hours! Easy. My husband loved it & I have to admit it was delicious! It was also super nice to walk into our home & it smell amazing!

*Tonight I made this again & decided to take the juice out & make a gravy... best idea ever! I just transferred the juice into a sauce pan, put it on high, whisked in flour & milk until the consistency was good & then I added my husband's favorite... Tony Chachere's for a little spice. It was divine!* 

No comments:

Post a Comment