Friday, February 3, 2012

Be My Valentine!

I must admit... I'm being much more festive this Valentine's Day. I'm not sure if it's because I have a sweet Valentine this year or if it's because we have our own home that I can decorate however I want. Either way I'm loving it!
This next little project was so fun to do & was super inexpensive. I can't wait to get it out every February.
What you'll need for this project is ribbon or twine or fabric, scrapbook paper, mod podge, scissors, paint, and stencils (unless you're a good painter freehand... I am not!).

Cut your scrapbook paper to the size you'd like! I just eyed mine, it's about a 6" by 6" square.
I used a 2" Helvetica stencil & some purple acrylic paint. It looked a little messy... 
So I used a paint pen to touch up each letter. I like the way it looks much better now!
I took scissors and cut holes in each square in the top corners. Then I took the strips of fabric that I bought for $3 (remember? I used it on this and that!) & then threaded the fabric through each hole on each square.
For the heart I cut a heart out of the pink scrapbook paper & mod podged it to a piece of purple scrapbook paper! 

So, easy as that you have a fun little banner for every Valentine's Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment