Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Beloved... & milk.


Remember that time I had a meltdown over milk? Yeah.... it was back in February & you can read about that here. As y'all know, I've never been a milk drinker until this pregnancy! I just have to take a second to boast about my beloved husband!

We've had a few more tiffs over milk since February but I try to control my hormonal rage! Ha! So, the other day I walked into the living room and asked Nathan, "what is that smell!?" He was confused by my question... so I told him it smelled like cereal. "Oh- yeah, I just finished some cereal" he replied. My next thought was....... do we still have milk!? but I decided not to voice my thought! Quickly Nathan followed up with, "but I ate my cereal with water, so you still have some milk!".

Stop it.

I love that man. How sweet!? He ate his cereal dry & drank water with it. I seriously could have cried. He loves milk, but he loves me so much more!

As I've reflected over these last 9 months, I've realized over & over that Nathan has taken a lot from me. I have been exhausted, moody, hormonal, sometimes just not feeling well & less patient than I normally am. He has been a strong & loving husband. One that will put up with my mess (and a few times clean up my mess, sorry honey!). Occasionally he'll ask me, "have you practiced your breathing today? Let's practice!" This coming from the man who is outwardly vocal about how terrified he is about the whole birthing process. He has rubbed bio-oil and lotions on my ugly stretchmarks in the most gentle and loving way. He has made countless batches of pancakes for me & driven me to get my grits & eggs. He has done lots of laundry & helped out around the house.

There isn't another man I'd rather do this with. There isn't anyone else I'd rather be my son's father. He isn't perfect, but he's perfect for me & for Raleigh.

(And yes, I just cried the entire time I wrote this! Lol. I'm so pregnant.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment