Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gramma's Chicken Pot Pie


Since I have been home again... AKA not working full time... I've actually cooked dinner every night!! A first in nearly nine months and boy is my husband appreciative! Last night I threw together my mom's recipe for chicken pot pie. It was always one of my favorites growing up & I'm sure my mom was thankful because it's super simple to make!
Gramma's Chicken Pot Pie:
Preheat oven to 350
2 cans of Veg-All
1 Onion
Chicken
1 can of cream of mushroom
1 can of cream of chicken
Bisquick

Spray a 9x11 pan & dump the 2 cans of veggies in the pan. 
Chop up onion (as much as you like) and place it over the veggies. 
Next add the chicken. I like to get a rotisserie chicken and de-bone the whole thing and use part of it for the pot pie and the rest for another meal! 
After the chicken add the soups. I mix them together & then pour it over the chicken. 
Last step, the bisquick! I use 1 1/2 cups of bisquick & 1/2 cup of milk... Mix it up and pour it over! Wasn't that easy!?

Now let it cook for 30-45 minutes... until the top is golden brown. Let it settle and cool down before serving! It's definitely a delicious and easy meal to make! 


1 comment: