Saturday, March 23, 2013

Raleigh James Price

We found out yesterday that we are expecting a baby boy!

You know how some mom's just "know"? I'm telling you, I knew. I've had dreams where I'm holding a baby boy calling him Raleigh James! Of course I've also had dreams where I order every milkshake on the menu...! I don't know what it was but I knew. In fact, when preparing for this baby I was drawn to all boy stuff. I made the banner we used for our pictures... before our ultrasound! And no, I didn't make two just in case!

Let me just show you... the first glimpse we got of our baby boy!
"My son is proud!" -Nathan
 We of course both cried tears of joy. When you can say "my son" it makes it that more real! The ultrasound continued and Raleigh was fairly cooperative! I had to move a bit to make him move. Here are some pictures of our baby boy:
Big feet like his momma. ;)

4 tiny fingers... he was sucking his thumb!

He is either waving, saluting, or dramatic... lets go with waving!

His cute little profile! He has a well defined chin, neck, nose and lips! Amazing. 

Our technician asked if we'd like to see him in 4D! Of course!! She warned us, "he may look very skinny, but don't worry he won't always!" She flipped it on and it was incredible!
So adorable and detailed at only 18 weeks! Amazing.  
 My plan was to have a quick photo shoot to reveal our baby's gender! Our sweet friend Jismarie Ramos took our pictures and captured our excitement and love. We couldn't have been happier!
The banner I made before we knew for sure! I was certain. :)
I saw this onesie weeks ago on Zulily and couldn't pass is up! Especially since Raleigh is to arrive right before Football season starts! (Check out Zulily, it's awesome!)

R is for Raleigh. We already love him so much!
All in all, yesterday was amazing. We now have a face and name to go with this baby growing inside of me. He was healthy looking, measuring perfectly and everything seemed normal. There was one concern though. The umbilical cord is supposed to have 2 arteries... but mine (ours?) only has 1. So far it's not been an issue! Raleigh is right on track. The doctors will measure him more closely now just to make sure everything is fine. That just means I get to see pictures of my baby more often! We have peace about him and we know God is knitting Raleigh together just the way He wants him. We feel so blessed and cannot wait to meet our baby boy in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment