Thursday, March 7, 2013

four down... five to go!

Well, that went by fast. Today we celebrate 16 weeks! In just 15 days we'll hopefully find out if Baby Price is a she or a he!! So very exciting.

With so many changes happening to me in a pretty short period of time... I end up just marveling at how God has designed this entire process! It's truly amazing. For my personal enjoyment and so I can look back and remember some of the bizarre changes, I've complied a list. Please know I'm not complaining; I'm just marveling at what the human body does when carrying another human!! 

Strange Changes thanks to sweet Baby Price:

  1. My hair is falling out already. Most women say their hair is thick and shiny during pregnancy... not the case for me! Mine is so dry.
  2. I have more zits on my face today than middle school and high school combined! Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration... but seriously, this is not my skin!?
  3. My eyes!! They've changed. When I wear my glasses I get headaches... so I prefer to just go without. I just can't see far away! If you see me at a distance and wave, don't be offended if I don't know who you are or don't wave back! (At least for the next 5 months!)
  4. I'm waaaaay more impatient. Ask my husband. Unfortunately I can see this change... but it's like I can't stop the words coming out of my mouth till I'm done! Pretty much immediately I feel bad for what I've said or how I've behaved. 
  5. I cry. Randomly. Last week was worse than this one. From driving down the road and bursting into tears to sobbing over my need for grits & eggs. Oh, it's so ridiculous! 
  6. I sleep on my side because I can sleep longer without going to the bathroom. Apparently this baby sits right on top of my bladder when I'm laying on my back!
  7.  I'm hungry all the time. Well, to be honest it's not just that... it's that when I used to be hungry I'd drink a glass of water and suck it up. NOW when I'm hungry I really NEED to eat. So I feel like I'm eating all the time!
  8. Oh how I'm forgetful. I spent a solid minute looking for my keys yesterday at work. They were hanging around my neck. Yikes! There are plenty more things I've done recently... but I can't remember them! 
  9. Sneezing and coughing is sometimes painful and usually dangerous... if you've been pregnant... you know what I mean.
  10. The most normal change but something that's so funny to me... my belly. It's bigger than it's ever been in my life... but it's tighter than it's been in a long time! HA! Not exactly what I had in mind when I wanted a toned tummy. I'll take it though... and I'll keep lathering it down in Bio-Oil! :)  
So, those are just some of the changes I've noticed without being too gross! I'm sure my husband could tell you a few more... but he's a pretty smart man!

I'm so excited to meet this baby. Pregnancy is not what I expected. In some ways I thought it to be more glamorous and I thought I'd be more maternal? Even if I don't feel glamorous or extra maternal, it's really opened my eyes to God's amazing creation. How detailed and intricate the process is of knitting a human together in my womb. It is humbling and mind blowing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment