Sunday, March 10, 2013

Reality Changes Perspective

Well, it's been 4 days since my impromptu surgery! The pain isn't too awful... it's certainly not comfortable! Since I'm pregnant I'm limited to Tylenol & ice packs which is kind of unfortunate. However, I'm so grateful to know that I had cancer and now I most likely don't! I think the brushing is the most painful part!

I'm not going to lie, I look at the sunshine differently now. Living in South Florida I enjoy/ am weary of it often. Obviously I want to live my life and enjoy the beauty of God's creation... but I'm going to have to be more careful. Good sunscreen is no longer too expensive for me. Yes, I will be purchasing wide brimmed hats for my beach days! Long sleeves are now sometimes a better option.
Reality has changed my perspective. Now that I'm someone's wife and someone's mom... my selfish desire to be tan (because I've been taught that's what is considered pretty) is just that... Selfish.

Here is to years of lovely fair skin and health!


No comments:

Post a Comment