Monday, July 23, 2012

Homemade Headboard- Using What You Have!

(Consider this part one of the update intended for True Life: My Guest Bedroom is in Shambles!)

Lots of things have been going on in the Price Household... one being we got a King Size BED! You guys have no idea how excited we are about this. (We're both bed hogs & covers hogs!) This meant we had to shift around our beds. We took our queen & put it in our guest room... we gave our neighbor the full, which he was pretty excited about since he has been sleeping on a twin for quite some time! 

So the brainstorming continued for a headboard for our queen size bed. Then it hit me... the mirror that's been sitting on the floor without a home! (We used it's dresser for our TV stand)!
Here is the step by step process for creating my new headboard!

Here is the mirror!

See how sad it looks!?

Mirror that has to come out!


Power tools! Easy enough to put that baby on reverse & the screws come right out!

Shocking... I'm using my favorite paint again!

It's gonna take two coats! I hate waiting for paint to try.

Dry!

The fabric I found that I love! I had a coupon so I got it for $9 & some change!

Trim your fabric up & hot glue it down. Make sure you pull the fabric tight!

Find a cute husband to prep it to hang! Then have him hang it. :)

There you have it! I'm a fan.

So much more complete!

$10... can't beat it! 


Now our guest room is ready for guests! Just in time too... I can't wait to see our friends 
The Gordons!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it! So crafty...and thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so beautifully! Love it!
    I'm sorry about your hubby's dad, but what a comfort to know that he is completely healed & whole and with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete