Friday, July 13, 2012

Broiled Parmesan Lemon Tilapia- a recipe everyone should have!



I discovered this recipe last week on allrecipes.com & have already made it twice since! It's seriously delicious & ridiculously easy. My husband claimed it was the best fish he'd ever had! I love it & it's so simple. It's not fishy at all, I think everyone should have this recipe in their repertoire!

 I just buy my tilapia at Costco frozen, so I always have it on hand! Just make sure your fish is defrosted before you try to cook! 

Here's what you need:

  • 4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
  • 2 tablespoons (or so) Tony Chachere (or something similar)
  • cooking spray
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter-margarine blend, melted
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried basil (I've been using a pesto basil mix because that's what I have on hand!)
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven's broiler & set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. (Believe me, you'll want to do that! Clean up is so much easier!) Spray the broiler pan's rack with the cooking spray.
  2. Sprinkle tilapia with Tony's seasoning & arrange on the prepared broiler rack.
  3. Mix the Parmesan cheese, butter-margarine blend, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, black pepper, garlic powder, & celery salt together in a bowl & set aside.
  4. Cook the fillets under the preheated broiler until fish is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Spread the Parmesan cheese blend over the fish fillets, return to oven, and continue cooking until the topping is golden brown and the fish flakes easily, 3 to 5 more minutes. 
So I think the entire entree cooks in 11 minutes tops! It's a perfect weeknight entree that is delicious. Enjoy! (You will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment