Monday, June 4, 2012

Cohesive Color! The kitchen window.

Most of the time being a renter means you have to be extra creative to make the rented space your own... while staying inside the guidelines & not pouring your own money into the property that you will never get back!

We just got married only 6 1/2 months ago & everything we registered for we loved and still love! It worked in our original space but now we have to make it work in our new one. As much as I love color on the walls it creates another challenge when that color isn't something you picked & isn't exactly one that matches your existing things. So my goal was to find a fabric that would make the old and new work together!

Observe. I've never had dark counter tops until now & I'm loving them! The cabinets are a strange grey finish... but whatever! The walls are a light green that kind of reminds me of key lime pie! 
The floors also have green in them. 
These are the colors we registered for. Kind of Fallish... not so much Key Lime Pie!
BUT with my love of green... I had these! (Love this garage sale find!)
And this was a gift from Sarah for Christmas(?) one year! This inspired me... 
I found a fabric at Joann's Fabrics and loved it. However it wasn't on sale so I walked around the entire store thinking about it and browsing everything else. I finally caved & bought it really... it was only $10! 
I loved this. It's paisley & has the colors I needed!
  Then I found this tutorial on pinterest! A no sew Roman Shade sounded just perfect. The entire project cost me $15. You really can't beat that! 


 So that is the final product & I really like it! Everything now works together better in this space. Now on to a rug for the sink!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, I always want Key Lime pie! I settle for the flavored yogurt, it's got much fewer calories!! :)

      Delete
  2. It's always a challenge to make your home a better place to live in. Little accessories like those will always help, and what I especially like with those accessories is the curtain-like effect of the Roman Shade. It doesn't just protect your kitchen from harsh weather; it also adds value to your home. Cheers to the new dark counter tops! :)

    ReplyDelete