Sunday, April 12, 2015

Worst "blogger" Ever!

I basically blog for me. To keep a diary of sorts about this chapter in our lives! I also do it to update friends and family... and sometimes to share fun things with strangers! Clearly, I've slacked off in a serious way. It's been about ohhhhh 10 months since I've written and I mean what could we have possibly crammed into 10 months?! HA! Well, let me fill in the blank space.

July 2014- We had an amazing vacation with my family and Nathan's mom in NC. It was such a blessing. We hung out, read, played cards, hiked, zip lined, junked and antiqued, saw elk, played in streams and ate! And... apparently we made a baby.

August 2014- We were preparing and planning a big celebration for our little man's first birthday on August 22! The week that Raleigh turned one (Tuesday 8/19) we found out two very important pieces of information. 1.) we had to move out of our apartment by Nov. 1st 2.) I was pregnant with a BIG surprise baby #2! Oh man. As we processed all of that we celebrated with all of our friends and family Raleigh's first birthday, it was perfect! We went ahead and took the opportunity to tell our families together that we were expecting. God's timing is perfect... even though my head was still spinning!!!



September 2014- This was a blur of resume sending, praying and trying to not stress about the future. Raleigh and I managed to visit Whitney! We took the opportunity to have pictures made with our boys! (Thanks Brett Seay!!)


October 2014- This was also a blur of resume sending, deciding to step out in faith and move to Tallahassee, FL to *hopefully* get a particular job, be near my parents and live in a place that was more affordable. (WPB is pretttty expensive!) We moved the last week of October and our wonderful friends Krystal & Leo (Tia and Tio) helped us along with my parents. I was exhausted and thankful I was in the second trimester of my pregnancy! We celebrated Halloween with our little elephant in Tallahassee.


November 2014- It was a great month... minus the whole not having a real income! We had so much family time. We got to know our new city (I introduced the boys since this is my hometown!). It was football season... we spent lots of time with Gramma & Papa... and Raleigh quickly adjusted to life here. Oh! My parent's gifted us a trip to Savannah, GA for our anniversary and watched Raleigh for us. It was our first time away from him and although hard, it was so needed and enjoyed! We still FaceTimed him every night!  


December 2014- We had a break through with the job search! Nathan had interviews and met with church committees. We were told that he had the job just as soon as the entire church voted him in! We also found out that we were expecting another baby BOY! Anderson Thomas Price. Anderson after Nathan's grandpa "Samuel Anderson Hambright" and Thomas after my grandpa "Thomas Clyde Owens". We were so excited that Raleigh would be getting a little brother!! After all, they'll be so close in age... hopefully they'll be best buds! We spent Christmas in South Carolina with Grandee Carol and Nathan's family, but had to come home a little sooner than intended due to more melanoma. Yes, I was diagnosed with a very early (Praise GOD) stage of melanoma. Yes, my second one... each time while pregnant. Hormones can do crazy things! It's also one of the few cancers that can actually cross the placenta! Scary stuff.


January 2015- Nathan started his new job! His first day on the job I had my melanoma cut out... so thankfully the church and staff are extremely understanding and he was able to help me at home a majority of his first week there! I found out they had gotten all of the cancer and that was a huge relief. Raleigh's personality really started to shine and he won the hearts of basically our entire new church congregation. He is such a joy!

February 2015- We celebrated Valentine's Day and my 28th (eek) birthday. Auntie Katherine came for a visit (she got a week off for Mardi Gras?! Only in NOLA!!) We started to consider looking at homes here... and at the end of the month we put in an offer!!


March 2015- UGH. That month was filled with house stuff! Our offer was excepted!! YAY! That meant we had to get everything together and send it to our lender. However, we opted for a specific loan which incorporates renovation cost into your monthly mortgage. This meant I had limited time (like 15 days) to meet with a ton of contractors and make a plan of everything I wanted done to the house specifically. I mean real specifications. Then I had to pick a contractor, have my list of renovations, get all of the house stuff done (appraisal, inspections, loan junk and what felt like a million other things) all while being very pregnant and chasing a toddler. I am not sad that March is over! We did manage to squeeze in a maternity shoot with Sarah Gray Photography. Best part of March!! I love every single picture!!!


April 2015- We made it. We celebrated Easter with our new church family and Nathan's mom came down for a visit! We closed on our house on April 9th and we plan to start renovations April 27th! Basically every room in the house is getting something done! I'm now 37 weeks pregnant with Anderson... and hoping he'll come before his brother did! (Induced at 40 weeks due to lack of movement!) It has been a whirlwind journey... but God has guided our every step and I love looking back and seeing Him walking with us even in the times of uncertainty.


We could not have planned any of this any better than He as orchestrated it. We feel blessed!!! Now we await more exciting things! Coming up? New baby! Renovations on our new house! Nathan graduates from seminary with his masters degree! Nathan leaves me (AH! Pray for me!! lol) and heads to Honduras for a mission trip! Life is exciting my friends. I'll try to keep y'all updated... especially since life moves fast and I want to remember all of the details of this chapter.

To keep up on our life on a daily basis... check out my Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment