Thursday, May 8, 2014

Chipotle Lime Pulled Pork


You know when you're trying to use what you have to make dinner? That's where I was this morning. I had thawed out a pork roast which was taking up valuable space in my freezer. I didn't want another typical pot roast... so I was staring in my fridge when it hit me! Lime. 

I threw my roast in the crockpot and dumped a can of La Croix (the most disgusting drink of all time, but my husbands drink of choice!) ;) I went to my spice cabinet and found Ms. Dash Chipotle Lime and sprinkled the roast generously. I pressed some fresh garlic & added some kosher salt. Then I walked over to my produce... grabbed a orange bell pepper & an onion. I sliced each up and threw it in too! I set it on high and walked away! (I love a crockpot) 5 hours later I shredded the pork, strained the veggies & made our burritos! They were delicious!! 

The breakdown:
Pork roast
Lime La Croix
Ms. Dash Chipotle Lime
Garlic
Salt
1 onion
1 bell pepper
5 hrs. on high heat
Shred & eat!! 



I had some left over sauce I had made which a couple days ago. I found the recipe from Rachel Vanoven's Instagram! 

It added a lot of flavor and I love it too! 
1/2 cup lite mayo
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 lime squeezed 
Ms. Dash chipotle lime
Garlic powder
Salt 
Your favorite hot sauce! 
Mix it all together and enjoy! 

So that was our quick and easy meal tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment