Sunday, October 6, 2013

October 6th


If you talk to me long enough you'll learn about my best friend, Whitney. It's because we were pretty much attached at the hip & most of my hilarious stories include her! She is so much like me & at the same time perfectly opposite. We joked we'd make the perfect wife with our talents combined! She loved cooking & I loved baking. I liked crafting & making home a "home" & she liked cleaning it! She loved laundry & I loved... wearing clothes? Ok, she was the better house keeper between the two of us... & lots of days I wish she were around to clean up after me!! ;) 

Back up to October 6, 1987... my baby calendar reads "Elizabeth has a new playmate, Whitney Morgan Beach was born!" Although we grew up cities apart we still got together when our parents did. 
Little did we know... we'd become best of friends!

God is so good. Not only did he provide me with a sweet friend to go through life with; He lined up our lives so we could share each other's burdens, ask each other advice & share joys.  

We married our husbands 3 months apart from each other! 

Got pregnant 1 month apart from each other! 

And gave birth to our sons... 1 day shy of a month apart! 

And today we both support our husbands as they launch new church plants! 
Who knew even 800 miles apart our lives would be so similar!? God did. 

I can't believe how gracious God has been to provide me with a friend like Whitney. 
Today, October 6th, we celebrate her birth! I am so grateful that she was born. Happy Birthday Whitney, what should we do next!? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment