Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Change is in the Air...

For the last 9 years I have worked with kids... whether it be in a camp setting, an orphanage or as a nanny. I have loved all of "my kids"! To think that some of them are already driving & some even starting their senior year makes me feel ridiculously old!! It's been a great run but I'm in need of a change... at least until we have our own kids. (Which still kind of freaks me out to think about!)

Wednesday an opportunity arose. I received a call out of the blue informing me of a need & asking me if I'd be interested in a job! At first I thought, "I already have a great job. I love the kids!" but truth be told I didn't feel like it was fitting & that maybe it was time I take a break from kids so that I can be refreshed & ready for our own.

This week I will be starting at First Baptist Church West Palm Beach! I will be working with the music ministry as a ministry assistant. It's funny how God's timing is yet again so perfect! FBCWPB was in serious need of someone to fill the position & they thought of me. (What an honor!?) While the position is considered temporary, I am still glad to be able to serve my church in this way, make new friends & hone a different skill set.

Another great thing? I can walk to work! Whoohoo for saving on gas. I start Tuesday & I couldn't be more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment