Friday, May 4, 2012

Show & Tell Friday!

I apologize it's been too many Fridays that have gone without a Show & Tell! Let me try & make up for that today!

So, I had a hard time decorating our mantle because we hung our TV above it & it can be a challenge to find something that works in the awkward space left. I also wanted to attempt to hide some of the cords that have to be run from the TV to who knows what!

First thrift store find...
I love green, it's my favorite color. When I saw that green candle holder I knew it had to be mine. I think it was $3... it may have been more but certainly no more than $5. Since there is a lip on it, it limits the size of candle or vase that you can place on top. I originally tried the vase to the right (which I love & was a wedding gift from Ms. Karen- my childhood second mother!) but it was a little too large & it made me nervous to leave on there. Soooo I had to get creative... or ghetto... whatever you prefer & I took an everyday cheap vase & stuffed some left over flowers from our wedding wreaths and flipped it upside down. It works! I like it.

Now on the right side of the TV, I needed something else...
The unique little vase was a garage sale find... I actually talked my best friend Whitney into buying it for $5 (maybe less?) for her wedding. She decided it was more "me" so she gave it to me! (Thanks Whit!) The candle stick holder was a random thrift store find (you know the kind that is on the side of the road & you just stop in once but don't frequent?!). I believe I spent $10 on it. I was planning to change the color of the candles... but now that we're moving I suppose I'll just wait on that!

There you have it... don't mind Good Morning America on the TV! :) I think its just enough without looking too crowded & most importantly I had all of the pieces already which means I didn't have to spend much money!

Just get clever & use what you have or reuse what someone else use to have! That's it for Show & Tell Friday... it may be that the next one will be brought to you in an entirely new state & home!

No comments:

Post a Comment