Monday, April 30, 2012

We're Moving... soon!

Nathan & I got married in November. We began praying about South Florida in December. We thought we may end up there come January of 2013 but God had different plans!

Thankfully since we've been praying for South Florida county by county & studying up on the demographic & needs of the communities the Lord has prepared our hearts & it's made this big transition a lot easier!

About 2 weeks ago we got a call from our friends who are on staff at First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach who informed us that when we move down there we would have affordable housing! (Whoa, answered prayer!)

This past week we got a call about a job for Nathan! He would be making more money working part-time which would allow him to help the church, FBCWPB, with tasks & church planting endeavors.

Awesome news! When does the job begin? Oh... May 21st... yes of this year. (Whoa).

We're still processing & we're overwhelmed how God has provided for us & guided us! It has been thrilling & comforting. We are thinking our official moving date will be May 17th! (Whoa, that's not even 3 weeks!?)

A Few Thoughts

We just got the sweetest dog ever & our new apartment don't allow pets!
God has provided a home for Scooter at Nathan's parent's house. He loves his new dog-friends & he LOVES running around on 70 acres. (We cried leaving him... Nathan will deny this fact... but we know he will be loved & spoiled!)

I love "my" kids!
God has provided  a wonderful girl who I trust completely to take over my jobs! She finishes her semester the week we leave... awesome timing! (I definitely still cried when Tatum asked me if I'd be somewhere & immediately I responded with "Of course!" Until I realized I'd be gone & I had to explain I could not be there.)

We have so many wonderful friends here.
Sadly, I can't pack them all up too but most all of our friends have a "sending" mentality & want to go out & spread the Gospel! Let's be honest... if we didn't leave first our friends would leave us. We're blessed with wonderful friends & we know that they'll always be our friends no matter how far the distance. (This doesn't mean I don't cry still)

I feel like I've just finished hanging things on our walls!
I did... but let's be honest... y'all know I love changing things in my home. I'm getting a new palate! (I kinda want to cry thinking about packing everything up though!)

Anyway, we're moving & we're excited! We have a lot to accomplish in the next 17 days & then even more once we get to West Palm. I'm just so excited that this move I'll have my husband with me & we'll be helping each other.

Praise God for His sovereignty & provision! He is too good to us & I can't fathom why He loves sinners like us... but wow I am grateful!

5 comments:

  1. this is all amazing! so excited for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? Thank you! I think I'll be really excited once we're down there & everything here has been taken care of! :)

      Delete
  2. Praise God for the plans He has for us, and his perfect timing that often blows our minds. What an exciting adventure you get to take with Him and your husband! Praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Natalie! We appreciate your prayers! God is so good.

      Delete
  3. I'm excited for you both and your new adventure...

    ReplyDelete